1) Collection of back links: Do collect back links for your site. More you have back links proves more you are popular in the web world. Back links are counted as vote for the particular site. So do link exchange with those sites, which are relevant to the theme of your business as well as having good page ranking and also placed in the top level of the SERPs.
2) Article submission: Article submission is the best way of getting quality one-way back links. Write articles and then submit it into the article sites and place the site link under the option of author’s details.
3) Directory submission: Directory submission is another way of getting one way back links.
4) E-mail marketing: Using web-mining data and collecting visitor details or collecting old customer details thus web owner can promote their site through e-mail messaging. Also yahoo provides option for placing signature in their yahoo mail ids. This is also a good option for e-mail marketing.
5) Uses of signature link in popular forums: these days web forum is the global platform for any web users. Net savvy people like to spend time in forum, they use web forum for their own queries, for their research work as well as for knowledge. Web forum is also a global platform for online marketing too. Placing own site link as the signature link assures increased number of visitors as well as a certain amount of back links.
6) Blogging for indirect marketing: one must have own blog and use this blog for indirect marketing. Blog can be used as a supporting base for online marketing. Fundamental concept of blogging is to carry fresh content all time. Bloggers always try to provide fresh news, small articles in their own blog as a result blogger always have good amount of visitors. So collecting back links from popular blogs is another way of marketing.
7) Banner exchange: Exchange your banner with other sites and place link in there off.
8) Article exchange: Write good relevant articles on complementary aspects and exchange those articles with other site in lieu of back links for your site.
9) Adsense marketing: Google adsense marketing is one of the world-renowned marketing options. But web owner must be aware of the limitations of the uses of adsense. Otherwise a site giving more attention to google adsens will be considered either as a scraper site or as a site made for adsense reveue only. Visitors and major search engine like big G or yahoo or msn do not like these sites.
10) Offline marketing: Business owner can promote their site locally by using normal offline marketing strategies like news paper adds, TV adds, banner adds etc. It will help them to gain local popularity. Say for example: bharatmatrimony.com or shadi.com can give their off line news paper add in Sunday Anandabazar Patrika in well known “Patra-patri” column to gain the local popularity.
Article source: http://www.articledashboard.com/